Search the site
- This is it! Badge of Awesome is now live.
- Oh, the things we do: A call for submissions
- Badge of Awesome
- Moving Musings: Realizing I don’t need 21 coffee mugs
- Lookin’ Good at Timmy Ho’s: A lesson in self-awareness
- Big Ol’ Jar of Coins: The little things add up
- The Ugliest Pie in the Land: Dealing with life’s curveballs
- Buck naked on the kitchen floor: The dangers of standing still for too long
- Blind, deaf… and pretty dumb: Failing (and feeling) your way to success
- What running over my brother taught me about the domino effect
Category Archives: Simple Living tips and advice
Finding a job that is rewarding and fulfilling is great. But do we expect too much from our work? As with most things in life, it’s how we look at situations that shape our responses to them. I came across … Continue reading
The more you spend, the more you save… Really?
Happy New Year everybody! Both of this week’s stories centered around the idea of stick-to-it-ness. Rob’s barfy legal adventures articulated the importance of perseverance and sticking it out. And mine and Nicholas’s bloody trek through brambles and burning nettle was … Continue reading
The Thanksgiving Project discusses the big and small reasons to be grateful and invites you to share your own throughout October and November.
A few weeks ago I traveled back to my grandma’s place along Lake Huron. I debated whether or not to go—my to-do list was reaching a frightening length and it was a good two hour drive each way. In the … Continue reading
Fight Club is one of my favourite movies. At one point Brad Pitt’s character, Tyler Durden says “The things you own end up owning you.” I’m not one to argue with Brad Pitt and my recent adventures with car ownership … Continue reading