The world is full of great things to do, both close to home and in far-flung places. I want to hear about them! I’m looking for submissions of photos, videos and stories of awesome things you’ve done.
As I mentioned last week, in July I’ll be launching my new site, “Badge of Awesome”. The main goal behind BoA is to celebrate the cool things we do close to home and around the world. I want the site to be full of content provided by its users and that’s where you come in!
The content of the website is going to fall under 3 main activity categories:
The Blue Marble Badge
Cool, weird and fun activities from all corners of the globe (things like adventurous activities, cool festivals, unique traditions, etc.). For example:
- A photo of you white water rafting in New Zealand
- A video of you joining the Sour Toe Cocktail club in Dawson City
- A story of something cool you got to do during Mardi Gras in New Orleans
The Backyard Badge
Celebrating creativity and imagination and recognizing cool things to do close to home (things like cool twists on a dinner party, fun backyard games, something awesome you’ve built, etc.). For example:
- Photos of a giant slingshot you made with your buddies
- Rules to a bizarre drinking game you invented or enjoy to play
- A video of an impromptu jam session you had in your community
The Buddha Belly Badge
Creative and inspiring activities done in support of a cause or to help others (things like unique fundraising ideas, cool awareness-raising events, making a difference through art, etc.). For example:
- A video of a flash mob you did at your school
- A list of out-of-the-box ideas for fundraising activities
- A photo of some sidewalk chalk art you created to raise awareness about a cause
Those are just a few ideas! I know so many of you have had some wicked cool experiences overseas and do some off-the-wall stuff close to home too. I’m excited to hear about them and would love to share them on Badge of Awesome.
Email me your stories, photos and videos
So send them my way! You can email me your stuff at email@example.com. If it’s a photo or a link to a video, it’d be great if you could include a description of what the activity was and a brief reflection by you about it.
Thanks everybody! You’re awesome.