Phew. Well, after a lot of hard work and a lot of screaming obscenities at my computer screen when I couldn’t figure out why some images were loading while others weren’t, I’m thrilled to announce that the Badge of Awesome website is now up and running!
Occasional spikes in blood pressure aside, I’m really happy with how it’s come together.
As a repository of ideas for cool things to do close to home and around the world, BoA’s goal is to celebrate and inspire acts of awesomeness. Each week I’ll be adding new stuff in three main categories:
- The Blue Marble Badge: Showcasing cool, weird and fun activities from all corners of the globe.
- The Backyard Badge: Celebrating imaginative activities and recognizing adventure close to home.
- The Buddha Belly Badge: Recognizing creative and inspiring ways to help others.
I’ll also be running contests throughout the year like the Bucket List Contest. So be sure to check that out and enter your own bucket list items. Most importantly though, I want Badge of Awesome to be a place where people share their cool experiences.
Thanks for your support and encouragement as I got this baby off the ground! The success of this project hinges on you guys helping me spread the word and I really appreciate it.
Here are a few ways you can help:
- Subscribe to Badge of Awesome to receive an email notification whenever I add a new post.
- Join the Badge of Awesome Facebook page and invite your friends to join as well.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Share the link to Badge of Awesome (www.badgeofawesome.com) with your family, friends, neighbours, Twitter followers, coworkers, pets, the dude who delivers your pizza and even that weird-looking guy on the bus.
- Share you own awesome experiences. Check out the site for details.
Thanks again, friends! You’re awesome.